My first pattern of error tends to be my lack of explanation. I've realized this because most of the comments on my papers are "expand" or "explain more. Sometimes I forget that the reader may not know much of what I;m talking about or have any background information. I also just don;t know how to further expand and develop my ideas because I don;t have much of a second opinion besides peer review. I think by getting a couple opinions of people who don;t have much knowledge about what I;m writing can help my writing.
My second problem is concluding my papers. I have horrible time wrapping up a paper with a strong ending rather than just summarizing what i wrote. I'm not sure what it is because i can write well for the main body of my paragraph but it's liek pulling teeth to end it. I think i over think what to write and it throws me off. I also think another opinion would be helpful to my writing and help me understand what would make it stronger.
My final pattern of error would be developing my idea, I don;t take the time to jot down my ideas and help em sort out my thoughts. I just start and go from there. It either ends up good or bad. If I took a couple days to really put my thoughts together my papers would probably be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment