Friday, September 2, 2011

What I expect out of English 101

When I found out I had to take Writing 101 I was a bit upset. My first though was "WHYYY?" I mean my best subject is English and Writing, why should I have to start off in a beginners class? Oh well it's required so i don't have a choice. After this first week though  I'm a bit more excited about this class than I was before. Things are being done different than I'm used to but I like it and I want to embrace it. For example, I've never wrote a blog before let alone for a class. It'll be interesting writing in an informal way for an audience that is my class, not just the teacher. There is also going to be a quiz after every assigned chapter so I'm forced to read or it will put me behind. I'm glad there will be something forcing and motivating me to work hard. I was surprised also to find out my teacher is someone who wasn't initially signed to the class. I'm hoping I will improve my writing and find a style that works for me. I'm also hoping I will learn a lot of things that I hadn't before. It seemed a lot of my previous English classes were just teaching the same thing over and over with the only thing different being the teacher. I guess that I'm really hoping to get a different experience with a college English course not just a repeat of every class I've had before before.

No comments:

Post a Comment