1. The first thing that separates an A from a C paper is description. A lot of writing becomes bland and boring because it is straight and to the point. When there are no good descriptions or visuals to imagine it is hard to find yourself becoming intrigued with the story the writer is trying to portray. A C paper would be something like. "It was a hot summer's day that made me thirsty." An A paper would sound more like " It was a particular brutal and scorching hot day. The heat was making me as thirsty as if I had been in the sahara." Not the greatest example, but you catch my drift. Good imagery makes for a good paper.
2 The second thing that separates an A paper from a C paper is organization. An A paper is well organized and has flow to it. A C paper doesn't always have great flow and can sometimes start becoming all over the place. When the paper becomes choppy and confusing it can throw off the whole idea, feeling, or meaning the writer was trying to convey. Composing how you want your paper to flow and where you want it to start and end can lead to less confusion and problems for the writer and the audience.
3. Finally, Tone is important to focus on when trying to write an a paper. Considering how you feel when you think about what you are writing. Being able to convey that to the audience throughout the whole writing is important. You want the audience to feel how you feel or expect them how to feel and the tone you take is how they will know. For example, you don't want to open a paper with a joke and then go into the paper with a dull, boring, or sad perspective. You want to keep the same feeling the reader had when they started. They'll probably feel a little thrown off with a whole new tone taken place unless it is made apparent for a reason.
I find my strengths to be description. I am generally good at being able to give a clear vivid description of something I am writing about. I like to be able to picture what I am reading or writing. It's important for readers to visualize what you are saying or they won't have the full affect. On the other hand, I don't think my strong point is tone. Sometimes I'll find my feelings being strewn about without considering how it will be conveyed to the reader. I am able to understand it because that's how I feel but it isn;t made clear to the reader.
No comments:
Post a Comment