Wednesday, November 16, 2011
#12
My thesis for my argument is sex education should be mandatory in schools starting from middle school or junior high.My most compelling evidence is whether plenty of teenagers and young adults know all the facts about sex there is still a high chance they will have sex anyways. It is important for them to know the facts about sex, STD's, pregnancy, and contraception so they can make a safe and informed decision. This evidence is strong because many people know the more information and knowledge you have about anything allows you the chance to make better decisions. Others may disagree and think that if they start learning about it they will start doing it. There really is no evidence to back up that claim what so ever. It is also better they hear the facts and truths from a safe educational environment as opposed to friends and random things they find off the internet. I don;t think having to argue the counter argument should be difficult. I think along the way I may find better evidence than what i have now. I also think I'll start my essay off with this because it dives right into the issue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment