Topic 1. I may write about when I was in grade school we were assigned to write stories for the Young Authors Contest. This contest was meant for every grade level to write a story and make their own illustrations and create an actual book. I dreaded doing them every year because I knew I would never win. However, it forced me to be creative and see exactly what I could come up with. It really inspired me to be a better and more creative writer.
- I think this could be a little sappy and force me to play it up more. I also don't remember what most of my stories were about. I also have to remember what it was like when I was a child which can be difficult.
Topic 2. Another topic is my senior final for my english class. Our final was too write five papers one after another. On top of that we had to read them all in front of the class. The topics were also meant to be much more personal then anythign we had ever written before. The more honest your topic and paper was the better your grade. I was really nervous and apprehensive to write these but the more I wrote the better my writing you became. I also realized the more honest I was with others and myself the more people like them and the better my grade was.
- This was really recent that this happened and I haven't written a paper since so I'm not exactly sure how much it has helped me with my writing skills to date.
I think you are probably right to be hesitant to write about something that happened too recently, as it may be difficult for you to really assess the significance. You don't seem very enthused by either of your potential topics, but you seem to be someone who enjoys reading and writing. I would recommend you continue to brainstorm topics until you can come up with something you'd enjoy writing about.
ReplyDelete